www.badenyon.org


Lost Farm Barley

Badenyon Archaeology

Aberdeenshire Archaeology Service

http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/web/archaeology.nsf/html/57ERBF?OpenDocument

Aberdeenshire Council,
Woodhill House,
Westburn Road,
Aberdeen.
AB16 5GB.

Tel: +44 (0)1224 664723
Fax: +44 (0)1224 664713
Email: archaeology@aberdeenshire.gov.uk


the Rhynie man

Badenyon has seven records in the Aberdeen Archaeology Service database, including

CASTLE OF BADENYON

Site Type: Castles; Doors; Moats

Period: Medieval (from 1100 AD)

Parish: Glenbuchat

Map Reference: NJ 3412 1898

Description:

Castle: traditionally the house of John O'Badenyon in the 13thC; castle was on map of 1654; was old residence of Gordons of Glenbuchat until Glenbuchat Castle was built in 1590; moat was visible as cropmark.

Ref Number: NJ31NW0001

BADENYON CROP MARKS

Site Type: Cropmarks; Enclosures

Period: Post-Medieval (from 1560); Unknown

Parish: Glenbuchat

Map Reference: NJ 3427 1899

Description:

Cropmarks; circular cropmark with gap to north, discontinuous; other rectilinear cropmark (? longhouse) in same field, to the north.

Ref Number: NJ31NW0008

BADENYON CHAPEL

Site Type: Chapels

Period: Post-Medieval (from 1560)

Parish: Glenbuchat

Map Reference: Data not stored

Description:

Site of an unlocated chapel.

Ref Number: NJ31NW0021

the others refer to the limekiln and the house and steadings (Begg's House)

Lost Farm Barley

Back to the top.
www.badenyon.org is coordinated by Mark Blaxter [mark_@_badenyon.org].
This is version 2.1 of the website (Summer 2006, updated 04/2009).